Quality Home Health Care for the People of Kauai
We are a Hawaii State licensed and fully accredited home health agency, providing comprehensive intermittent skilled nursing care and rehabilitation services for the home bound patient.
MEETING STARDARDS OF EXCELLENCE IN HOME HEALTH!
The Community Health Accreditation Program, Inc., (CHAP) announced that Ohana Home Health has been awarded CHAP accreditation under the CHAP Home Health & Core Standards of Excellence. This is the first year CHAP accreditation has been awarded to Ohana Home Health. The accreditation is for a three year period and will be renewed February 2016.
CHAP accreditation demonstrates that Ohana Home Health meets the home health industry’s highest nationally recognized standards. Rigorous evaluation by CHAP focuses on structure and function, quality of services and products, human and financial resources, and long term viability. Through CHAP accreditation, Ohana Home Health is also certified as a Medicare & Medicaid provider.
On Kauai, For Kauai
Ohana Home Health is home grown! Locally owned and cooperatively run. All of us call Kauai home; we live, play and work here and have a vested interest in our Island Ohana.
Providing our Island Ohana an exceptional, cost effective and family focused approach for the medically home bound patient.
We provide home health services to all of Kauai.
We have an experienced home health rehabilitation team which includes ALL therapy disciplines:
- Skilled nursing and certified nurse aides
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech language therapy
- Behavioral health
- Home safety assessment to assist with transitions home
Ohana Home Health has added on private duty nursing and nurse aide support for families and their loved ones. This includes respite care for Care Givers, bathing & personal care, light housekeeping, laundry and shopping services when needed.
Insurance Companies We are Providers for
Commercial Insurance Carriers
- Aloha Care
- MDX Managed Care Companies: Aetna, CIGNA, and United Health Care Community Plans
- Most Medicaid/ Medicare Plans
It is our goal to accept all insurance carriers. If you don’t see your insurance carrier, please call and we will take care of the paperwork!
- June 6, 7-8 pm at Kukui Grove Shopping Center. Kupuna Family Bingo! Proceeds benefit Alzheimer’s Association. For more information please contact Patricia Gonsalves (808)651-2372.
- June 16-26, Tropic Care! A free 10 day event with health, vision and dental services available at Eleele School, Kauai Community College and Kapa’a Middle School. Call KDHO at 241-3614 for more information.
- July 4, 5 pm – 1 am The Kauai Hospice 24th Annual Concert in the Sky at Vidinha Stadium, will again be the largest 1 day event and largest aerial fireworks event on Kauai on the 4th of July! Don’t miss it! For more information contact Tricia Yamashita (808)652-4988.
What’s On Our Mind
Meet our Ohana!
Susannah M. Woolway, CCC-SLP
Jeffrey W. Gatling, PT
Tony Chen, PT
Emelia L. Haraguchi, PT
Pamela T. Garcia-Neveu, OTR/L
Melanie E. Honjo, RN
Director of Nursing
Dawna J. White, RN
Cheryl Stiglmeier, MSW
Ariel L. Brun, CNA
Front Office Manager
Doris L. Williams, CNA
Lead CNA / Safety Officer