Quality Home Health Care for the People of Kauai
We are a Hawaii State licensed and fully accredited home health agency, providing comprehensive intermittent skilled nursing care and rehabilitation services for the home bound patent.
MEETING STARDARDS OF EXCELLENCE IN HOME HEALTH!
The Community Health Accreditation Program, Inc., (CHAP) announced that Ohana Home Health has been awarded CHAP accreditation under the CHAP Home Health & Core Standards of Excellence. This is the first year CHAP accreditation has been awarded to Ohana Home Health. The accreditation is for a three year period and will be renewed February 2016.
CHAP accreditation demonstrates that Ohana Home Health meets the home health industry’s highest nationally recognized standards. Rigorous evaluation by CHAP focuses on structure and function, quality of services and products, human and financial resources, and long term viability. Through CHAP accreditation, Ohana Home Health is also certified as a Medicare & Medicaid provider.
On Kauai, For Kauai
Ohana Home Health is home grown! Locally owned and cooperatively run. All of us call Kauai home; we live, play and work here and have a vested interest in our Island Ohana.
Providing our Island Ohana an exceptional, cost effective and family focused approach for the medically home bound patient.
We provide home health services to all of Kauai. To include certified nurse aide and private duty services.
We have an experienced home health rehabilitation team which includes ALL therapy disciplines:
- Skilled nursing and certified nurse aides
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech language therapy
- Behavioral health
- Home safety assessment to assist with transitions home
Ohana Home Health has added on private duty nursing and nurse aide support for families and their loved ones. This includes respite care for Care Givers, bathing & personal care, light housekeeping, laundry and shopping services when needed.
Insurance Companies We are Providers for
Commercial Insurance Carriers
- HMSA PPO/HMO and QUEST
- MDX Managed Care Companies Aetna, CIGNA, UnitedHealthCare (UHC) andUnitedHealthCare TRICARE
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Members
PENDING: Ohana Home Health meets ALL Conditions of Participation (COP) for Medicare/Medicaid and we are now waiting for our provider number from CMS to proceed with seeing clients.
It is our goal to accept all insurance carriers. If you don’t see your insurance carrier, please call and we will take care of the paperwork!
- June 8th, 9a-1pm: Kauai Ocean Recreation Experience (KORE) Beach Days. Helping people with disabilities get back in the ocean and SURF! Meets one Saturday a month; for more information visit KORE.
- Think BIG! Kauai Brain Injury Support Group meets Every Second Wednesday of the Month from 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm at the Kapaa Neighborhood Center, for further information contact Sharon Pancho @Sharonpancho23@yahoo.com
- June 8th, 9:30a-12:30pm @Smith’s Tropical Paradise, Wailua Marina: Kids Summer Fest, A free community health event brought to you by Wilcox Health. To pre-register call (808)245-1198.
- June 12th, 5-7pm: Footsteps: Transition to Adulthood, “preparing yourself and your teen for their adult years” @Kauai Department of Health Conference Room, 3040 Umi Street, Lihue, HI. To register call Clara Mackler @(808)241-3376 by June 3rd to reserve a space.
- June 22nd: Tournament of Champions, where one able bodied and one cap-ABLE body join together as a team and strive for the winning spot @Kauai Mini Golf in Kilauea, brought to you by Michael Nizo- Event Coordinator (808)639-8485 or Michael_nizo@yahoo.com
What’s On Our Mind
June is National Safety Month!
Together, we can all share information about important key steps people can take to protect themselves and their families.