Why We Do What We DoWelcome to Ohana Home Health. We consider it a great honor to be invited into a family to care for your loved one.
Our team of therapists and health professionals dedicate themselves to providing our Island Ohana an exceptional, cost effective, family-focused approach to healing the medically complex patient.
Our goal is to meet the patient’s medical needs in the nurturing environment of their home and minimize the impact of their condition on the family, while respecting the role of the family in the care of the patient.We provide comprehensive, intermittent, skilled nursing and rehabilitation for the home-bound patient. Our therapists bring not only their years of expertise, but also, a deep sensitivity and compassion for healing our island community.
The genesis of our small company began nearly four years ago when founder, Suzie Woolway, recognized the need for an agency that could provide comprehensive therapeutic in-home care. Read Suzie’s story.
In February 2013, we were proud to receive the Community Health Accreditation Program, Inc. (CHAP) accreditation, under the CHAP Home Health & Core Standards of Excellence.
Quality Home Health Care for the People of KauaiWe are a Hawaii State licensed and fully accredited home health agency, providing comprehensive intermittent skilled nursing care and rehabilitation services for the home bound patient.
The Community Health Accreditation Program, Inc., (CHAP) announced that Ohana Home Health has been awarded CHAP accreditation under the CHAP Home Health & Core Standards of Excellence. This is the first year CHAP accreditation has been awarded to Ohana Home Health. The accreditation is for a three year period and will be renewed February 2016.
CHAP accreditation demonstrates that Ohana Home Health meets the home health industry’s highest nationally recognized standards. Rigorous evaluation by CHAP focuses on structure and function, quality of services and products, human and financial resources, and long term viability.
Through CHAP accreditation, Ohana Home Health is also certified as a Medicare & Medicaid provider. Learn what home health means and how we can serve you.
Insurance companies we provide for:
Commercial Insurance Carriers
- Aloha Care
- MDX Managed Care Companies: Aetna, CIGNA, and United Health Care Community Plans
- Most Medicaid/ Medicare Plans
It is our goal to accept all insurance carriers. If you don’t see your insurance carrier, please call and we will take care of the paperwork.
- Christmas is around the corner. One thoughtful gift for a sibling might be a book filled with stories about people who are caregivers of their parents. This New York Times writer has a beautiful book about this inevitable transition.
- Caregiver.org is a fantastic resource. Stay tuned for an update on the webinar, How to Prevent Falls in Aging Adults. One of our staff will view it this week and post the highlights for you next week.
- Improve your balance and strength. This week we discovered a kool website devoted to kupuna. Anne Burnell of Strongseniors.com provides tips and fun videos that are easy to follow.
- E-Swallow Therapy — Our administrator, Suzie Woolway, is a Speech and Language Therapist certified in E-swallow Therapy. If you have difficulty swallowing, consider this powerful adjunctive therapy. Learn more about E-Swallow Therapy under the Speech Therapy heading of the “Our Services” page.
- The holiday season is a good time to be extra observant of our aging parents. Learn 8 helpful tips.
Our Ohana Home Health team